People now seek alternative medication for treatment of diseases and therefore naturally occurring plants such as cannabis are becoming a firm favorite. As Cannabidiol, which has shown to be of great medical value is becoming well known for this purpose, various states have started making this compound legal and more accessible for its therapeutic value.
However, some of the consumers have a somewhat vague knowledge of the origin, full benefits (health wise) as well as adverse effects of this cannabis compound. This article will inform you on all you need to know about this amazing compound.
What Is Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol is a chemical that is found naturally in the flower of the Sativa plant. Discovered in 1940, it is one of the 113 chemicals which are known as Cannabinoids that have been found in the Sativa plant. With delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) as a major active ingredients, cannabidiol accounts for up to 40% of cannabis extracts. CBD does not have psychoactive properties unlike THC, therefore it has been studied and explored as a new drug by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a treatment option for various ailments.
Cannabidiol can be ingested into the body through various methods including edibles, aerosol sprays into the mouth and cheeks, inhaled as smoke or vapor through the use of vaporizers as well as topical application in form of oil. In recent times, CBD has been used as a potent alternative medication for a number of ailments on both humans and animals.
Health Benefits of Cannabidiol
Stated below are some of the major diseases and illnesses that can be treated using Cannabidiol.
- Seizure: Researchers have discovered that CBD oil has anti seizure properties. Therefore, this compound has now become an medical therapy to tackle this electrical fluctuation that occurs in the brain.
- Insomnia: For the treatment of sleeping disorders like insomnia, CBD has proven to be a highly effective alternative for improved sleep. It also helps reduce that need to resort to harmful sleep medications in patients who suffer insomnia.
- Anxiety: Patients who suffer anxiety, stress and depression can experience a calm and relaxed mind after using CBD oil.
- Chronic Pain: CBD oil has powerful analgesic properties and therefore it is a great substitute for narcotic and other harmful conventional pain medications.
- Cancer and Growth of Tumor: Cannabidiol is now being used to slow down the growth of tumors as well as in the treatment of cancer. CBD has also proven to be effective in the treatment of Glaucoma, Epilepsy and Muscle Spasm.
Side Effects Of Cannabidiol
Cannabidiol has improved the quality of living for some patients who suffer certain diseases and illnesses. Most users have reported very minimal or no side effects. However, researchers and medical experts suggest that the use of this cannabis compound may trigger some side effects especially when taken in excessively high doses. Here are some of the side effects of CBD use;
- Dizziness and Lightheadedness.
- Dry mouth.
- Changes in appetite.
- Mood swings.
- Increased tremor for people who suffer Parkinson’s disease.
If any of these side effects are noticed during the use of Cannabidiol, it is advised that users should follow any one or all of the steps below:
- Reduce CBD doses.
- See a physician immediately.
- Verify that the CBD purchased does not contain any solvent, impurities or THC.
- Quit outrightly.
Is Cannabidiol Legal?
In 2018, the American government signed the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018 also known as the 2018 Farm Bill. This means that Hemp is now recognized and accepted as an agricultural product by the US government. However, this legalization does not include CBD. Although several states have legalized the use of cannabis compounds, CBD and THC inclusive, for therapeutic and recreational purposes, the federal government still insist that marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug.
Since cannabis is a legal substance in a lot of states, but not at the Federal level, cannabis cannot be transported legally across states. Therefore, it is advised that the use of CBD should be according to state and federal laws.
react differently to cannabidiol.
This means that the time it takes for individuals to feel the effect, the type
of effect felt and how long the effect will last differ for everyone.
Therefore, users have to stick to the CBD dose prescribed for the treatment of
their ailment. If you are a beginner with CBD, you should begin with very
minimal doses to monitor your body’s reaction before gradually increasing the
In addition to this, CBD is non-addictive, however it is recommended that you purchase pure and quality brands. EMPE USA is a brand you can trust for 100% organic and pure CBD products.