Aches and pain in your joints can be weakening and pose a negative impact in your quality of life in general. Most often, people assume that a pain in the joint, a creaking knee or a sharp pain in an elbow and shoulder is a pretty normal sign that comes with ageing. However, medical experts have debunked this claim, saying that most often than not, joint pain may be as a result of inflammation amongst other reasons.
Whatever is the cause of that uncomfortable pain you feel in your joints, researchers and medical experts have suggested that Hemp oil could be a better and more natural option for treatment rather than over-the-counter (OTC) painkillers or other harmful medication.
In this article, we will be looking at one of the many causes of joint pain, the science behind the use of hemp oil for the treatment of joint pain, its benefits as well as possible side effects.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joints act as a connection for the skeletal part of the body. They allow the bones to move freely. Some of the joints found in the body include the elbows, knees, ankles, shoulder, hips and so on.
In most cases, when there is an inflammation in any part of these joints, it results in severe pain and discomfort. The inflammation is the body’s natural way of responding to degenerative damage, injuries or any other strange occurrence in the body. Inflammatory responses include pain, redness and swelling in the affected area of the body. Some of the causes of joint pain include:
- Inflammation of the cushioning pad found between the joints.
- Infection in the bone.
- Degenerative damage due to overuse of the joint.
- Inflammation of the tendon otherwise known as Tendonitis.
- Some types of infectious diseases such as hepatitis, mumps and so on.
The Science Behind The Use Of CBD oil For Joint Pain
CBD has shown positive effects in the treatment of joint pain. This is mostly attributed to the powerful anti inflammatory effects of this cannabis extract. This helps in the reduction and management of pain in the joints.
Here is its mode of action as suggested by scientists and researchers:
- Cannabinoids when delivered into the body, attach themselves to certain special receptors such as CBD2 receptors which are found in the brain and immune system of humans. These receptors play a major role in the management of pain and inflammation in the immune system.
- According to a study published in the Journal of Rheumatology, the receptors occur in high quantities in patients who suffer arthritis.
- Now, when CBD enters the body, they stimulate the CBD2 receptors which help in reducing the pain or cause the body to release its natural cannabinoids.
Hemp Benefits In The Treatment Of Joint Pain
Here are some of the benefits of using this cannabis extract in the treatment of joint pain:
- Long Term Use For Anti-Inflammatory Response: Since Hemp is a natural painkiller, it can be used for the long and immediate treatment of joint pain without posing any harm or danger to the body. To achieve the best result during treatment, it is recommended that CBD be used on a daily basis.
- Helps In Relaxing The Muscles: CBD slows down the progression of arthritis and also helps in relaxing the muscles to allow for free movement. For pains that come due to overuse of the joints, it is recommended that Hemp products is used before and after workout sessions.
- Helps In Recovery Process During Sleep Time: Joint pain can cause sufferers to have difficulty in sleeping and relaxing. The lack of proper rest in turn increases the pain. However, CBD offers neuroprotective effects that aid rest and improve sleep, thereby allowing the body to carry out its natural healing process.
Side Effects Of Using Hemp Oil For Joint Pain
Although CBD has little or no side effects as patients have been seen to tolerate CBD very well. However, very mild side effects have been reported in the studies conducted. These side effects include nausea, weakness, mild insomnia and general irritability.
In Conclusion, Hemp oil has shown great promise as far as the treatment of joint pain is concerned. However, more research is being conducted to give an even clearer picture on how CBD reduces pain and inflammation in arthritis patients. In addition to this, be sure to purchase your hemp oil from stores such as EMPE USA which offers canabidiol in its purest form. This way you are guaranteed a product that will not give you that psychotropic feeling after use.