CBD has gradually taken a position in the limelight when it comes to health and wellness. This much touted holistic natural remedy has become the alternative of choice for various ailments spanning from relief from aches and pains, to easing anxiety and offering relief for seizures. All of these remedies are offered with little or no side effects as long as the best form of ingestion as well as proper dosage is adhered to on an individual basis. Although there are still a good number of ailments that this amazing cannabis cbd extract cannot cure.However, since the effects are strong, but not harmful, it is not bad to be used as a placebo.
Here, we will be emphasising on some of the ailments that cannabidiolcan treat as well as the required dosage regimen for each.
Sicknesses That Can Be Treated With CBD and the Dosage Required
- Anxiety and Mood Disorders: Many patients who suffer mood disorders such as depression and anxiety now use CBD as an antidepressant and anxiolytic. This is because it helps in calming and relaxing them from any type of anxiety, be it generalised or social. However, if you are contemplating using this compound to treat your present mood disorders or mental health disorder, you should consult a physician or psychiatrist for further diagnosis and approval. The required dosage for the treatment of mood disorders and anxiety is 300 to 600 mg of CBD.
- Chronic Pain and Inflammation: As cannabidiol has become a well known remedy for pain and inflammation, many more people are resorting to this natural treatment rather than using other painkillers. The reason for this is not surprising as this cannabis extract has been proven to have good anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore the recommended dosage of CBD for the treatment of inflammation and chronic pain is 2.5-20mg for about 25 days. You can consult with your physician if symptoms become persistent even after use. Also, be certain you are buying from a trusted brand such as EMPE USA to make sure that you are using a pure form of cannabidiol during the course of treatment.
- Seizure and Epilepsy: The benefits of cannabidiol for the treatment of seizure and epilepsy has so far been the most studied and proven, so much so that the FDA approved a drug that has CBD as its active ingredient in the treatment of seizures. This, therefore, is another phenomenal step in the advancement and popularity of this natural remedy as more patients will in turn enjoy the benefits of the medication. The dosage regimen for treating seizures and epilepsy is 200 to 300 mg of CBD for about 4 to 41/2 months. It is also important to keep your physician abreast of every detail and progress during treatment.
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders: Studies have shown that cannabidiol has helped to improve sleep disorders and increase sleep time for people who suffer insomnia. Although researchers suggests that if taken at excessively high doses, it could also cause sleep deprivation. Therefore, the dosage of CBD that can be taken to fix sleep disorders and insomnia is between 40 and 160 mg.
- Huntington’s Disease: Huntington’s disease is a neurodegenerative disease, affecting the neurons in the brain and causing a collapse in movement, cognitive abilities and impaired physical abilities. Symptoms begin to manifest in individuals of about 30 to 40 years of age and continues for the rest of their lives. In recent times, research has been conducted on the positive impact of cannabidiol in the treatment of neurodegenerative disease like Huntington’s disease and it has been proven that this cannabis extract can be used as a treatment plan for this disease since the endocannabinoid system is linked to this disease. Therefore to treat this disease using cannabidiol, a required amount of 10mg/kg is to be taken for 6 weeks.
In Conclusion, Although cannabis cbd extract is non-psychoactive and harmless even at high doses, recommended dosage by your physician or as stated in the product leaflet should be strictly adhered to. Studies have shown that for the treatment of certain ailments like glaucoma, taking doses that are higher than that which is recommended can cause more damage to the eye.